School is back in session and buses are on the road. Just a reminder from NC-DMV on stopping for buses:
Drivers need to remember that…
• On a two-lane road, all traffic from both directions must stop;
• On a two-lane road with a center turning lane, all traffic must come to a stop;
• When on a four-lane road without a median, traffic from both directions has to stop;
• In the case of a divided highway with four or more lanes, only traffic following the school bus needs to stop; and
• When on a road with four lanes or more with a center turning lane, just traffic following the bus must stop.
Passing a stopped school bus can put 5 points on your driver’s license and 4 points on your insurance policy. 4 points on your insurance policy could cause your premiums to increase by 80% for three years from the date of conviction.
Below is a graphic of the same information:
Please continue to be safe and help our children have a great start to the new school year.