The federal COVID-19 Public Health Emergency ends May 11, 2023. If you receive benefits, take action to keep your information up to date.
- MEDICAID recertifications
(renewals) began April 1,
2023 and will continue
based on the beneficiary’s
- In WIC, certain types of
milk, yogurt, and bread/
rolls will be more limited
after Aug. 1, 2023.
- Report changes in
expenses/income to FNS
to make sure your benefits
1. Update your info
- Medicaid: Visit epass.nc.gov or call your local Department of Social Services. Call the Beaufort County DSS at 252-975-5500. If you don't live in Beaufort County, click here to find your local DSS.
- FNS: Contact your local DSS office.
- WIC: Contact your local WIC agency. The Beaufort County Health Department, the county's WIC agency, can be reached at 252-946-9705. If you don't live in Beaufort County, click here to find your local WIC agency.
2. Look out
- Check for official mail, email, or texts with instructions on when and how to renew coverage or benefits.
3. Reply as soon as possible
- Respond right away with updated information. Submit forms by the due date.
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT MEDICAID RECERTIFICATION?
Learn more at medicaid.ncdhhs.gov/renew. Medicaid eligibility will expand when the budget is enacted. The exact timing is not yet known. Beneficiaries who no longer qualify for Medicaid may qualify for insurance assistance through healthcare.gov or call 800-318-2596.
NEED MORE HELP WITH FOOD?
For information on additional food assistance call 211, or visit ncdhhs.gov/foodresources, or ncdhhs.gov/ncwic.