The Final Approved Budget for the Fiscal Year 2023-24 is now available online.
The budget goes into effect when the new fiscal year begins on Saturday, July 1, 2023.
On June 5, the Beaufort County Board of Commissioners adopted a $72,076,083 balanced General Fund Budget. The final budget includes the adjustments made to the Manager’s Recommended Budget during a series of workshops that happened in May. Recordings of those workshops, and all Board of Commissioners meetings, are available on the County’s Vimeo channel, https://vimeo.com/showcase/10103884
The Final Approved Budget:
- Maintains the ad valorem tax rate at $0.625 per $100 of valuation.
- Increases the fee associated with the solid waste enterprise fund by $5 to maintain operations and continue implementation of previously approved plans.
- Maintains prior year water rates. Rates across all districts are uniform.
- Includes an updated pay and classification plan and provides a minimum 5% base salary increase (5% Cost of Living Adjustment or the increase recommended by the salary study, whichever is greater).
- Continues to fund the Capital Improvements Fund with $0.01 of projected property tax revenue as established in the FY 19-20 budget.
- Maintains all districts' prior year fire and EMS tax rates.
A complete list of budget adjustments approved by the Board of Commissioners is included in the Manager’s Budget Message.